NEWARK — After Texas gutted reproductive freedom and with the future of Roe v. Wade hanging in the balance, Assemblyman Jack Ciattarelli wasted no time tonight promoting his anti-women and anti-choice agenda, which — includes defunding Planned Parenthood and supporting efforts to limit access to reproductive freedom.
- Boasted about plans to impose Christie-era funding cuts to women’s health care and family planning services [NJ Spotlight, 5/19/17];
- Opposed funding for women’s health care, stating there are “a number of other very urgent matters” than women’s health [NJ Spotlight, 5/19/17];
- Vowed to sign a 20-week abortion ban, rolling back access to reproductive care in New Jersey. [Ciattarelli for Governor – Press Release, 5/18/21; NJ Spotlight, 9/30/21]
- Pledged to veto legislation that codifies reproductive freedom as a matter of state law [Ciattarelli for Governor – Press Release, 5/18/21];
- Supports parental notification law deemed unconstitutional by the New Jersey Supreme Court [Ciattarelli for Governor – Jack’s Plan: Rights & Freedoms, 5/19/21];
- Praised President Trump’s extreme, anti-choice Supreme Court justices — who allowed a dangerous Texas abortion ban to take effect — calling the nominees Trump’s “greatest legacy.” [Jack Ciattarelli Virtual Town Hall, 5/18/21]