The Digital Intern role will be responsible for assisting the digital team with drafting social posts for a variety of platforms and optimizing posts for those platforms. The role will be responsible for lending a hand during campaign events with tasks such as collecting photos, video content, and collecting information for follow-up or additional requests. The Digital Intern will learn the ins and outs of being a part of a creative, content-first digital team. The Digital Intern will assist the Digital Associate with internal metrics tracking and audience development. This position will report to the Deputy Digital Director. This is an entry-level role, and the starting salary for this role is $15/hour with a limit of 25 hrs/week.
The Digital Intern will work with the broader digital team to drive the Governor’s online messaging and boost creativity across digital channels, connecting with voters directly on the issues that are most important to them.
Responsibilities and Scope
- Draft day-to-day social media, primarily focused on organizing accounts.
- Input social media metrics.
- Assist with editing videos and other visual elements, such as graphics, as needed.
- Provide assistance with capturing photos and videos at campaign events.
- Keep a pulse on the latest social media trends and bring new ideas to the table for digital content.
- Doing background research for long-form content and creative ideas.
- Assist in audience development and engagement where needed.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Solid knowledge of the different social media platforms and their features — you’re always looking for the next big thing.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Familiarity with publishing social media content for a verified account or an account with a significant following.
- Introductory graphic design and photo editing skills in Adobe Creative Suite or similar programs.
- Familiarity with social media analytics and metrics reporting.
- An understanding of the New Jersey political landscape is a plus.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Digital Intern” in the subject line.