The Political Assistant for African American and Faith-Based Outreach is responsible for supporting all political programming within the Murphy for Governor 2021 sphere. The Political Assistant will work closely with all Murphy for Governor 2021 political staff and report directly to the Deputy Director for African American and Faith-Based Outreach. With consideration to state COVID-19 policy and protocols, this role is expected to be in person.
Responsibilities and Scope
- Meet and exceed Coalitions program goals by supporting the program’s vision and goals
- Build political relationships amongst community members and leaders
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively and clearly communicate with different types of stakeholders, from elected officials to grassroots activists, community members at large
- Experience meeting deadlines, and the ability to manage many tasks simultaneously
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate priorities, needs, and expectations up and down the chain of command
- Administrative tasks as required including, but not limited to: research, drafting memorandums, calendar management, data input, list-keeping
- Personal and professional commitment to promoting and investing in cross-cultural skills and awareness related to individuals from broad backgrounds, races, ethnicities, religions, gender identities, sexual orientations, or abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to building a strong team culture through training and mutual accountability
- Strong knowledge of the GoogleSuite, computer literacy, and digital communication
- Ability to work long, irregular hours in a fast-paced, metrics-driven work environment
- Ability to work independently and in team settings
- Access to a vehicle and cellphone, valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and an ability to relocate as needed
- Experience in political campaigns or being involved in civic spaces
- Experience in performing administrative tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to be creative and experiment within the scope of the position
- An understanding of the New Jersey political landscape is a plus
- Basic knowledge of Votebuilder/VAN is preferred but not required
Salary: $4500/mo plus benefits
To apply, please send your resume to [email protected] with “Political Assistant for African American and Faith-Based Outreach” in the subject line.
Murphy for Governor is an equal opportunity employer. Murphy for Governor believes every employee has the right to work in an environment free from unlawful discrimination as is consistent with our commitment to diversity, respect, and inclusion. Consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws, Murphy for Governor provides all employees and applicants with equal opportunity in all aspects of the employment relationship. This includes employment decisions related to hiring, promotions, transfers, disciplinary action, termination, and training.