The Multimedia Associate role will play an integral part in the campaign’s day-to-day content creation. This role will be responsible for editing video content and designing graphics for the campaign’s social media accounts, as well as helping to manage massive amounts of footage and photographs.
The Multimedia Associate will assist the Multimedia Producer to push the Governor’s messaging using visual content — connecting with voters directly on the issues that are most important to them via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat (and maybe more!). This is an entry-level role, and the starting salary for this position is $4,500/month.
Responsibilities and Scope
- Edit and caption videos for both long-term projects and rapid content.
- Sift through footage and photographs to identify the best and most usable content for a variety of projects.
- Produce graphic assets that are consistent with the campaign’s branding.
- Assist the Multimedia Producer on the road and at campaign events as needed.
- Stay up to date on the latest social media trends, bringing creative and innovative ideas to the table to push the boundaries on our campaign content.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Photoshop.
- Project management skills with the ability to balance multiple demands at one time.
- Strong creative tendencies with an eye for detail and design.
- Sound judgement with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Campaigns are hard work. The candidate for this role must be willing to work extended hours and weekends as necessary.
- Access to a car, as this position will require occasional travel.
- Ability to produce content in multiple languages, especially Spanish.
- Experience creating vertical content for Instagram, Snapchat, etc.
- Knowledge of how to caption videos using Adobe Premiere.
- Showcased experience with color-mixing and audio-correction.
- Knowledge of political campaigns and/or digital media as it pertains to elections.
- An understanding of the New Jersey political landscape is a plus.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “[NAME]: Multimedia Associate” in the subject line.
Murphy for Governor is an equal opportunity employer. Murphy for Governor believes every employee has the right to work in an environment free from unlawful discrimination as is consistent with our commitment to diversity, respect, and inclusion. Consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws, Murphy for Governor provides all employees and applicants with equal opportunity in all aspects of the employment relationship. This includes employment decisions related to hiring, promotions, transfers, disciplinary action, termination, and training.