Your Position with the Campaign
The Research Associate role will be responsible for assisting with opposition and self research projects, media monitoring activities, and composing rapid response materials. The Research Associate will report directly to the Research Director and Deputy Research Director and must have the ability to handle a fast-paced environment, while remaining detail-oriented and meticulous.
The Research Associate is responsible for drafting Research Department projects and memos, spearheading the media monitoring and tracking programs, and assisting with rapid response and fact-checking materials.
Responsibilities and Scope
- Producing extensive research documents compiling information from public sources including news clips; campaign finance disclosures; personal financial disclosures; property, court, and business records; and research databases, as well as in-depth research analyzing state and local governmental voting records and legislative details.
- Monitoring incoming press coverage, social media traffic, online updates, video uploads, public event announcements, and other relevant updates.
- Compiling research materials and candidate information for rapid response, fact-checking, and paid media projects.
- At least 1 year of work experience.
- Experience contributing to a robust rapid response effort.
- Ability to create robust media monitoring programs and systems to archive information.
- Experience employing campaign research in support of polling and paid media operations.
- Demonstrated commitment to following sound processes and effectively managing risk. Expected pay is $4,500/month with benefits.
The Campaign is an equal opportunity employer. The Campaign believes every employee has the right to work in an environment free from unlawful discrimination as is consistent with our commitment to diversity, respect, and inclusion. Consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws, the Campaign provides all employees and applicants with equal opportunity in all aspects of the employment relationship. This includes employment decisions related to hiring, promotions, transfers, disciplinary action, termination, and training.