The Deputy Director for African American and Faith-Based Outreach will be responsible for developing, managing, and implementing a comprehensive community engagement program amongst New Jersey’s African American communities, including faith communities, designed to mobilize support and provide strategic alignment throughout all facets of the campaign; including but not limited to organizing, digital organizing, and communications.
The Deputy Director will report to the Senior Advisor for Coalitions and Outreach. The Deputy Director must have the ability to handle a fast-paced environment while remaining detail-oriented and meticulous.
Responsibilities and Scope
- Managing all activities and staff, guiding the team’s priorities, and contributing to the campaign’s strategic planning.
- Identifying, developing, and maintaining relationships with key organizations and members in the community.
- Developing an internal and external infrastructure to increase voter registration, volunteer opportunities, and voter turnout.
- Build and execute events for principals and surrogates throughout the state.
- Liaise with various departments to ensure strategic alignment through all facets of the organization.
- Experience managing a constituency outreach program
- Established relationships with organizations and key individuals throughout New Jersey
- Campaign experience
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Deputy Director for African American and Faith-Based Outreach” in the subject line.